The Groom's Survival Guide: 13 Tips for Navigating Your Wedding Day
It's time to face the facts: your wedding day is coming up fast, and you need to be ready. Don't worry, though, we're here to help you survive the biggest day of your life.
We know you're probably feeling a little nervous, but don't panic – we've got your back. In this post, we're going to give you some wedding day tips that will help you keep your cool and avoid any last-minute disasters.
We'll cover everything from what to wear to how to deal with your crazy uncle. So sit down, grab a beer, and get ready to take some notes. It's time to make sure you don't mess this up. Just kidding (sort of). Let's get started!
1. Get a Good Night's Rest
These wedding day tips are essential for looking and feeling your best on your big day. The night before the wedding party, get plenty of good night's rest.
- One of the best wedding day tips for the groom is to avoid drinking alcohol or caffeine late in the evening.
- Make sure to create a relaxing atmosphere with dimmed lights and soothing music.
- A comfortable mattress and pillow can help you get the best rest possible.
- You may also want to use a sleep aid such as melatonin to ensure you wake up feeling refreshed and energized for the big day ahead!
2. Have a Solid Breakfast
The wedding day can be one of the most important days in your life.
Ensuring you have all the energy you need to get through the day is essential. One way to do that is to have a solid breakfast before following your wedding day timeline.
These wedding day tips for the groom will give you the energy to face the day and ensure you look great in the family photos.
- Start your morning with a hearty breakfast, such as oatmeal with fruit, eggs, or a veggie scramble.
- If you don't have time to make something, grab a protein bar or smoothie on your way out the door.
- Whatever you decide to eat, make sure it is something that will provide you with enough energy to make it through the day.
3. Have Your Suit Pressed and Ready to Go
The last thing you want to do on your wedding day is worrying about your suit. Ensure your suit is pressed and ready to go the night before the big day.
These wedding day tips for the groom will give you time to make any final adjustments or to take care of any last-minute details.
- It is also a good idea to ensure that all buttons are secured and that there are no loose threads.
- Also, check the pockets for any loose change or items you might have left behind from an earlier fitting.
Having your suit pressed and ready to go the night before will help ensure you look handsome when walking down the aisle.
Related: 27 Best Wedding Tuxedos for the Dapper Groom in 2023
4. Get a Shave
As a groom, you want to look your best on your amazing day. These wedding day tips for the groom is an easy way to ensure you look sharp.
Whether you go for a traditional shave with shaving cream or an electric shaver, give yourself plenty of time before the wedding day to ensure you look your best.
- Start with a clean face, and then use a good-quality razor to make sure you get a close and comfortable shave.
- Be sure to use aftershave or moisturizer once you are finished to ensure your skin stays smooth and hydrated. Follow these grooming tips to look good entire day ahead!
5. Check Your Teeth and Make Sure They Are Clean
On your wedding day, you must look your best. One of the essential details that can make or break your look is the condition of your teeth.
- Make sure to brush your teeth and floss before your wedding day, check them in the mirror, and make sure they are clean and white.
- A beautiful smile is one of the most important things you can show on your wedding day, so give your teeth a once-over.
6. Check-in with Your Bride
On your wedding party, checking in with your bride-to-be throughout the day is essential.
- You may be running around with the groomsmen, getting ready, and preparing for the ceremony and reception, but remember to ensure your bride-to-be is doing alright.
- Take some time out of your busy day to stop by your bride and ensure she is feeling good, ask if she needs anything, and, most importantly, tell her how beautiful she looks.
These wedding day tips for the groom will help keep the two of you connected throughout the entire wedding day.
7. Don't Sweat the Small Stuff
It can be easy to get caught up in all the little details on your wedding day, but it is essential to remember that in the grand scheme of things, they don't matter.
Your wedding day should be joyful and celebrated, so try not to let the little things distract you.
- It is not the world's end if something does not go as planned.
- Take a deep breath, relax, and focus on the bigger picture.
- You are getting married to the person you love! Don't sweat the small stuff, and enjoy your special day.
8. Put Your Phone Away
On your wedding day, one of the most important things you can do is to put your phone away.
- You will want to savor every moment of your special day and without being distracted by notifications or social media.
- Take a break from technology and be present at the moment.
- Keep your phone in your pocket or bag and enjoy the special moments with family and friends.
It will also help keep you from becoming overwhelmed or anxious by what is happening around you.
After all, it is your wedding day, so you should make the most of it!
9. Check Your Pockets
Before you walk down the aisle, make sure to check your pockets for any items that might be in them.
It could include keys, cell phones, or other items that could cause a distraction during the ceremony.
- Put them in a safe place if necessary so you don't have to worry about them during the rehearsal dinner.
- Additionally, if you are wearing a suit, ensure that all your pocket flaps are correctly tucked in and that nothing is visible.
These wedding day tips for the groom will make you look neat and polished and ensure nothing can fall out during the ceremony.
10. Take Pictures with Everyone
Taking pictures with family members you care about is essential on your wedding day.
- Make sure you take pictures with your parents, bridal party, and guests. It is a once-in-a-lifetime event, and you want to ensure you have all the great photos you will cherish for years.
- Don't be afraid to be silly and have fun when taking ready photos!
- Be sure to tell everyone to smile and tell them how much you appreciate them being there on your special day.
- Ensure everyone is in the frame, so no one is left out of the memories! And remember to take a few posed shots as well.
- Hire a professional photographer to ensure that all of your special moments are captured.
These wedding day tips for the groom will make beautiful souvenirs for your wedding day.
Related: Wedding Studs: How to Make the Groom and Groomsmen Look Great in Wedding
11. Practice Your Vows
As the groom, these wedding day tips for the groom are essential in your wedding planning.
Writing your vows can be daunting, but with a bit of practice and preparation, you can make sure that you are prepared to deliver them with confidence and sincerity on your wedding day.
- Please spend some time in the days leading up to the wedding writing out your vows, reading them aloud for a few moments, and practicing them until they feel natural.
- Have someone you trust to listen to them to make sure they are coherent and heartfelt.
- Make sure your vows reflect your love and commitment to each other and take a deep breath before you recite them. All eyes will be on you!
12. Thank Your Guests
The wedding days are all about celebrating the love between you and your partner, but it is also a time to celebrate and thank the people who have made it possible for you to get to this point.
Showing gratitude to your guests for taking the time out of their lives to come and share in your special day will be appreciated and make them feel important and appreciated.
- There are many ways to thank your guests for being there on your wedding party. You can send out "Thank You" cards after the event or provide a small token of appreciation at the reception.
- If you want to show your gratitude, you could always thank your guests with a speech during the reception or cocktail hour.
13. Honor Your Parents
On your wedding day, one of the most important things you can do is honor your parents.
From helping you with wedding planning to walking down the aisle, your parents have done much for you. Showing your appreciation and gratitude is the least you can do.
- Whether you give a heartfelt thank-you speech or present them with small gifts, you must ensure they know how much you appreciate them with these wedding day tips for the groom!
- This bonus tip doesn't have to be a big gesture; something as simple as thanking them during your vows or mentioning them in your toast can go a long way.
- Tell them how much their love and support mean to you on your big day!
THE TOP 30 WEDDING BLOGS TO FOLLOW
9 Tips on Picking Groomsmen Attire That Won't Break the Bank